db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Luis Cruz <l...@netcabo.pt>
Subject Bug & Fix suggestion - ObjectEnvelopeTable - ConcurrentModificationException
Date Sun, 22 Dec 2002 22:03:42 GMT

Hello,

A few colleagues and I encountered what we believe to be a bug in within
the commit() function of the class
    org.apache.ojb.odmg.ObjectEnvelopeTable

The problem surfaced when committing an object that represents an m:n
associations of objects witch in turn have fairly complex associations.
The result was a Concurrent Modification Exception while upgrading the
locks. The solution we came up with was to iterating over temporary
vector while upgrading the locks.

In attach is the corresponding file with the above mentioned alteration.
The altered code is between lines 24 and 44, and is clearly marked with
comments.

Cheers,
Luis Cruz