db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject Re: OJB Docs
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 01:59:09 GMT
On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 16:50, Thomas Mahler wrote:
> I did write most of the existing OJB docs. It took me weeks, so I'm a
> bit confused to here that there is not sufficient documentation avaible.
> I don't say it's perfect. But alone tutorial3.html prints out as 40 pages...

Sorry if I came across as denegrating your work, my feelings are
anything but that! The configuration and mapping information is thorough
and clear - getting to the point where you can actually use it is a bit
less clear. There are some things that are pretty difficult to work out
-- like what exact the .jdo files contain. ( "TODO: Put information
about the .jdo files") ;-)

I am quite happy digging and playing, but the goal of good docs is to
prevent the head scratching parts for people who don't have time to dig
and scratch.

Besides all that, I cannot help seing the advertisement for a documentor
for the JDO effort, which is what drew me to OJB in the first place.
getting up to speed on the architecture would take enough time for you
to finish it according to Matt Baird, so I figure I can at least
contribute while learning.

My apologies for coming across poorly!

-Brian