db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Mogley" <michael.mog...@verizon.net>
Subject Fw: oracle lobs implemented
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 23:39:28 GMT
Forwarding message never seemed to have made it to the list.  My apologies if people receive
it twice.

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Mogley
To: OJB Developers List
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 2:03 PM
Subject: oracle lobs implemented

However, in order to do so, I had to use the oracle api which extends Jdbc's Clob/Blob with
needed methods to set the streams.  From my tests and research on the subject, PreparedStatement.setXXXStream
methods error out for Oracle LOBs when the size of the data exceeds 4K.

Basically, I am having to rely Oracle's driver classes to get things to work and I don't know
what, if any, legal problems that would present for Ojb.

I will continue to do some experimentation with the Jdbc interface to see if I can cut out
the explicit calls to Oracle's API, but I don't know how possible this will be.  So far, all
examples I've seen on the web solve the lob issue by going directly to the Oracle classes.

Opinions?

Michael