db-jdo-user mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: JDOQueryTimeoutException
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2010 16:52:56 GMT
Hi Bill Milligan,

The class in question was put into the unreleased code base for 2.3
which has been discontinued without an official release.

Your solution of using an earlier version of this  unreleased code is
probably the best for now.

Longer term, GAE should probably upgrade to the jdo-api-3.0 which will
be released shortly.

Best regards,

Craig

On Jun 19, 2010, at 8:50 PM, Bill Milligan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Curiously, the class file javax/jdo/JDOQueryTimeoutException.class has
> disappeared between 2.3-eb and 2.3-ec of jdo2-api.jar.  Attempts to
> deploy
> to Google App Engine with the latest version does not work, because
> GAE
> apparently requires the use of this Exception, to the extent that it
> is
> throwing ClassNotFoundExceptions on load.  I've replaced 2.3-ec with
> 2.3-eb
> and everything appears to work fine now.
>
> This is the only class to vanish from one version to the other.  Any
> idea
> what happened?  I can't find any information anywhere on this
> error.  Can
> someone put the exception back for the next revision is published?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Bill Milligan

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle