db-jdo-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Roll <kr...@appropel.com>
Subject Re: Query by Criteria
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 16:51:27 GMT

On Jul 1, 2009, at 12:22 PM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

>> QueryDSL already does that for JDOQL
> http://source.mysema.com/display/querydsl/Querydsl

Thanks for the pointer, Andy. QueryDSL looks cool but I'm not certain
it's exactly what I'm looking for. In fact, their type-safe objects
may be too extreme for my purposes.

My general use case is that I present a GUI to the user with a large
number of potential search criteria. When they hit the search criteria
I want to build a query based upon what they have entered/selected.
This query may involve complex nesting of ands and ors, which is one
of the main problems I am trying to solve. I have hacked together
something that generally works and is able to translate into a JDOQL
query, but I was hoping that better minds had looked at the issue.
Usually I am building the query on the fly - I rarely do preassembled
queries based upon a specific query class.