db-jdo-user mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@datanucleus.org>
Subject Re: PersistenceManagerFactory configuration for flat-file database
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 14:07:02 GMT
> I will look at DataNucleus to see if it supports plain simple flat-file DB.

I dunno what is "simple flat file DB", and don't really like the idea of
inventing our own DB (there must be enough DB's around already :-) ), so if
we reuse existing ones there are, at least,
* HSQLDB option that David already mentioned,
* ODF (the ISO document format used by OpenOffice/KOffice) which is basically
XML so is user-editable.
* XML itself
* JSON - also user-editable

These options are all supported by DataNucleus

--
Andy  (DataNucleus - http://www.datanucleus.org)