db-jdo-user mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@SUN.com>
Subject Re: refresh()
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 16:17:26 GMT
Hi Christiaan,

On May 1, 2007, at 9:06 AM, Christiaan des Bouvrie wrote:

> Hello  Craig,
> Thanks for the reply. We do not actually always refresh because of the
> OptimisticVerificationException, but sometimes we want to make sure
> the
> user is seeing the latest data.
> Also, the datastore cache is not shared between clients, since we
> have a
> rich-client application. So imagine the following scenario (not
> sure if
> we have the same scenario in mind, since I cant really explain the
> need
> for flush()):
> -          Client A views an object, and loads it in his datastore
> cache;
> -          Client B views and modifies the same object. His datastore
> cache gets updated and also the datastore.
> -          Client A now wants to see the latest version, but the stale
> version is still in his datastore cache since it is not shared with
> client B. How to get the latest version from the datastore?

Two things come to mind. First, perhaps there is a vendor-specific
policy that you can use to specify that refresh should evict the
instances from the datastore cache.

Second, you might use the standard DataStoreCache interface:

// get fresh instances from the datastore

> Kind regard,
> Christiaan

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com