db-jdo-user mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: What is the Apache JDO 2.0 status?
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 02:33:20 GMT
Hi Ting,

We do not intend to make JPOX available as an Apache download, even
after we have certified releases (the first one is due shortly).

So you should look at downloading JPOX from their repository in order
to use it as an example JDO implementation.

By the way, you should probably only have a dependency on JDO jars
(you can build these pending availability as an official beta
release) and use JPOX as the implementation. That way, you can simply
change a PersistenceManagerFactory.properties file and use another
implementation.

Regards,

Craig

On Jan 16, 2006, at 3:56 PM, Ting SHAO wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am creating a java pet store demo app, which uses different
> technologies
> to implement the persistence tier (EJB 2.1, hibernate, etc.) I am
> considering of adding another persistence tier impl using JDO 2.0.
> So I
> checked the apache JDO project. Currently the project has no certified
> releases, so i checked out the source from SVN. I saw in the JDO
> wiki that
> the JDO 2.0 RI is not being built as an Apache project, but will be
> built as
> a JPOX release. So i would like to know what is the JDO 2.0 status in
> apache? If i want to use the 2.0 RI, should i download from JPOX or
> check
> the apache SVN repo?
>
> Thanks.
> --