db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday July 18, 9 am Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2014 21:51:55 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

Next week: No meeting. Because. Vacation schedules. Next meeting will be August 15 usual time.

Agenda:

1. JIRA fixed? "Creating the innerjoin without relationship between objects": https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-730

Issue looks like it is resolved. AI Michael see if the submitter is satisfied.

2. JIRA "Support for conditional operator ? : in JDOQL": https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-650

Doesn't look like we are converging on a solution. IF... ELSE is more like SQL and JPA but
(expression)? scalar : scalar is more like Java.

Anyone else have an opinion?

3. JIRA "Modify specification to address NoSQL datastores": https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651

no news.

4. Allow makePersistent outside a transaction: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-589

Latest proposal is for two flags: NontransactionalWrite and Autocommit. Comments?

5. Other issues

We have had nothing from Oracle regarding the license. So I propose we cut a 3.1 release and
when Oracle catches up we can deal with the specification license then.

Anything else going into 3.1? Since 3.1-rc1 we have:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-728 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-724

Any volunteers for a release manager?

Action Items from weeks past:
[Apr 25 2014] AI Craig look at the How To Release JDO document.
[Feb 28 2014] AI Everyone: take a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-712
[Feb 28 2014] AI Everyone: take a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-625
[Dec 13 2013] AI Craig file a JIRA for java.sql.Blob and java.sql.Clob as persistent field
types
[May 10 2013] AI Everyone take a look Apache ISIS and maybe subscribe to ISIS mail lists.
[Aug 24 2012] AI Craig update the JIRAs JDO-689 JDO-690 and JDO-692 about JDOHelper methods.
In process.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo