db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject [VOTE] Use svnpubsub for publishing DB project release artifacts
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 17:11:05 GMT
Hi PMC,

Recently the JDO project set up to use svnpubsub to publish our releases. We have opened this
JIRA to track the request: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-7320 But because JDO
is a sub-project of db, infra would like to have "all or nothing" for svnpubsub.

This technique is easier and less error-prone than the alternative (manually copying release
artifacts to dist/db via scp). The technique is described here: http://www.apache.org/dev/release#upload-ci

The impact on Derby is that as part of the migration, a Derby release manager (actually anyone
with commit privs to derby) will have to copy the release artifacts to the source svnpubsub
repository: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/db/derby

Once this is done, infra will synchronize the release/db directory with Apache's official
release directory which is automatically mirrored worldwide. The downloads page that chooses
a mirror will continue to work exactly as before. There are no other changes to release artifact
naming.

To stop mirroring a Derby release, the appropriate directory under https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/db/derby
simply needs to be svn rm'd. The change will automatically propagate to mirrors.

Please vote to adopt this new release process.

Here's my +1

Craig

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle