db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dag H. Wanvik" <dag.wan...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Use svnpubsub for publishing DB project release artifacts
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 14:45:31 GMT

Hi,

+1

Dag

On 24. mars 2014 18:11, Craig L Russell wrote:
> Hi PMC,
>
> Recently the JDO project set up to use svnpubsub to publish our releases. We have opened
this JIRA to track the request: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-7320 But because
JDO is a sub-project of db, infra would like to have "all or nothing" for svnpubsub.

release artifacts to dist/db via scp). The technique is described here: http://www.apache.org/dev/release#upload-ci

> The impact on Derby is that as part of the migration, a Derby release manager (actually
anyone with commit privs to derby) will have to copy the release artifacts to the source svnpubsub
repository: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/db/derby

> Once this is done, infra will synchronize the release/db directory with Apache's official
release directory which is automatically mirrored worldwide. The downloads page that chooses
a mirror will continue to work exactly as before. There are no other changes to release artifact
naming.

> To stop mirroring a Derby release, the appropriate directory under https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/db/derby
simply needs to be svn rm'd. The change will automatically propagate to mirrors.