db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Camilla Haase <camilla.ha...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Use svnpubsub for publishing DB project release artifacts
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 21:47:20 GMT
I agree that if Myrna (who faces an imminent release) and Rick are on
board, that's enough support. We should probably be copying the PMC list.

+1

Kim

On 3/27/2014 5:36 PM, Dyre Tjeldvoll wrote:

> On 27. mars 2014, at 22:14, mike matrigali <mikemapp1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 3/24/2014 10:11 AM, Craig L Russell wrote:
>>> Hi PMC,
>>>
>>> Recently the JDO project set up to use svnpubsub to publish our releases. We
have opened this JIRA to track the request: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-7320
But because JDO is a sub-project of db, infra would like to have "all or nothing" for svnpubsub.

copying release artifacts to dist/db via scp). The technique is described here: http://www.apache.org/dev/release#upload-ci

>>> The impact on Derby is that as part of the migration, a Derby release manager
(actually anyone with commit privs to derby) will have to copy the release artifacts to the
source svnpubsub repository: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/db/derby

>>> Once this is done, infra will synchronize the release/db directory with Apache's
official release directory which is automatically mirrored worldwide. The downloads page that
chooses a mirror will continue to work exactly as before. There are no other changes to release
artifact naming.

>>> To stop mirroring a Derby release, the appropriate directory under https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/db/derby
simply needs to be svn rm'd. The change will automatically propagate to mirrors.

>>> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com