db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Use svnpubsub for publishing DB project release artifacts
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 18:33:24 GMT
On 3/24/14 10:11 AM, Craig L Russell wrote:
> Hi PMC,
>
> Recently the JDO project set up to use svnpubsub to publish our releases. We have opened
this JIRA to track the request: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-7320 But because
JDO is a sub-project of db, infra would like to have "all or nothing" for svnpubsub.

release artifacts to dist/db via scp). The technique is described here: http://www.apache.org/dev/release#upload-ci

> The impact on Derby is that as part of the migration, a Derby release manager (actually
anyone with commit privs to derby) will have to copy the release artifacts to the source svnpubsub
repository: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/db/derby

> Once this is done, infra will synchronize the release/db directory with Apache's official
release directory which is automatically mirrored worldwide. The downloads page that chooses
a mirror will continue to work exactly as before. There are no other changes to release artifact
naming.

> To stop mirroring a Derby release, the appropriate directory under https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/db/derby
simply needs to be svn rm'd. The change will automatically propagate to mirrors.

> Please vote to adopt this new release process.
>
> Here's my +1
>
> Craig
>
> Craig L Russell
> Architect, Oracle
> http://db.apache.org/jdo
> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com
> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

I am inclined to cast a positive vote. However, first I'd like to hear
from Myrna, who is about to produce a Derby release and will be the
first Derby release manager affected by this change. I want to make sure
that she is comfortable with this change and how it will affect her
management of Derby 10.10.2.