db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Use svnpubsub for release
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2014 17:30:55 GMT
Hi,

Please take a look at http://www.apache.org/dev/release#upload-ci and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-7320

The modern way to put release artifacts into the mirrors is to use svnpubsub which is set
up by infra. This technique obsoletes the error-prone scp process where the release manager
directly copies artifacts to the apache dist directory.

The jdo project is currently trying to release jdo-3.1-rc1 and we would like to use svnpubsub.
But infra says that the directory structure makes it awkward (impossible?) to set up just
jdo for svnpubsub.

Infra has asked that all db projects use svnpubsub as well. I guess that this primarily affects
Derby.

WDYT?

Craig

Craig L Russell