db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday February 21, 8:30 am Pacific Time
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 17:15:15 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

1. JDO release JDO 3.1-rc1: JDO web site updates https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-7320

Looks like "all we need to do" is add 3.1-rc1 directory to the svn directory https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/db/jdo
and copy the release artifacts from http://central.maven.org/maven2/javax/jdo/jdo-api/3.1-rc1/
and http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/jdo/3.1-rc1.

AI: Michael copy the files to the release/db/jdo directory.

Question from Andy about JDO 3.1 release.

We started the release process a year ago and it has suffered from lack of attention on Craig's
part. Craig is looking into transferring Spec Lead from Oracle to Apache to avoid extra overhead.

2. News on JDO-625 "Support for streams" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-625 ?

no news

3. News on JDO-712 "Require using the PMF schema definition with sequence names" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-712

no news

4. News on JDO-728 "extension element for @Index annotation is needed": https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-728

no news. Any volunteers to write test cases?

5. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:
[Jan 10 2014] AI Michelle resolve JDO-723
[Dec 13 2013] AI Craig file a JIRA for java.sql.Blob and java.sql.Clob as persistent field
[Oct 25 2013] AI We still need to merge changes from the 3.1-rc1 branch to the trunk.
[May 10 2013] AI Everyone take a look Apache ISIS and maybe subscribe to ISIS mail lists.
[Aug 24 2012] AI Craig update the JIRAs JDO-689 JDO-690 and JDO-692 about JDOHelper methods.
In process.
[Aug 17 2012] AI Craig comment on JIRA JDO-589 Autocommit or nontransactional action

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!