db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday January 24, 8:30 am Pacific Time
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2014 17:12:17 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. JDO release JDO 3.1-rc1: JDO web site updates

no change. May need to look at the svnpubsub requirements that infra has published. http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html

2. News on JDO-625 "Support for streams" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-625 ?

We could define a JDO persistent type that has several methods: getInputStream, getOutputStream,
getReader, getWriter. But this doesn't cater for updating the BLOB or CLOB.

3. News on JDO-712 "Require using the PMF schema definition with sequence names"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-712 ?

no change. Waiting for discussion of the default name.

4. News on JDO-728 "extension element for @Index annotation is needed": https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-728
?

Waiting for spec change and possible test case.

To test that the annotation is properly defined, we just need to add a test class with the
annotations including the extension elements in the jdo-api test/java/javax/jdo/annotations
directory. When compiling the jdo-api project if the class compiles, the annotation is correct.

Obviously, there cannot be a test for semantics.

5. Other issues

We have agreed to include JDO-724 and JDO-728 in 3.1. Any other candidates for 3.1?

Action Items from weeks past:
[Jan 10 2014] AI Michelle resolve JDO-723
[Dec 13 2013] AI Craig file a JIRA for java.sql.Blob and java.sql.Clob as persistent field
types
[Oct 25 2013] AI We still need to merge changes from the 3.1-rc1 branch to the trunk.
[May 10 2013] AI Everyone take a look Apache ISIS and maybe subscribe to ISIS mail lists.
[Aug 24 2012] AI Craig update the JIRAs JDO-689 JDO-690 and JDO-692 about JDOHelper methods.
In process.
[Aug 17 2012] AI Craig comment on JIRA JDO-589 Autocommit or nontransactional action

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com