db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday December 13, 8:30 am Pacific Time
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2013 17:27:32 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse, Craig Russell

There will be no meeting on December 27.

Agenda:

1. JDO release JDO 3.1-rc1: JDO web site updates

no change

2. Updates on JDO-625 "Support for streams": https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-625

There are two issues. One is whether an implementation supports BLOB mapped to byte[ ] and
CLOB mapped to String; there is no mention of this being optional but we have no test cases.
Second, whether InputStream, Reader, OutputStream, Writer can be persistent field types mapped
to char, varchar, blob, clob, etc.

AI Michael update JDO-625 to include output options and char, varchar support.

AI Craig file a JIRA for java.sql.Blob and java.sql.Clob as persistent field types

3. Other issues

Email from Sam Ruby regarding TCK licensing at Apache. This doesn't affect the JDO project
because the JDO project has no restrictions on the TCK beyond the standard Apache license.

Action Items from weeks past:
[Nov 8 2013] AI Michelle update the web page to point to the release notes in JIRA.
[Oct 25 2013] AI We still need to merge changes from the 3.1-rc1 branch to the trunk.
[May 10 2013] AI Everyone take a look Apache ISIS and maybe subscribe to ISIS mail lists.
[Aug 24 2012] AI Craig update the JIRAs JDO-689 JDO-690 and JDO-692 about JDOHelper methods.
In process.
[Aug 17 2012] AI Craig comment on JIRA JDO-589 Autocommit or nontransactional action

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com