db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kriens <peter.kri...@aqute.biz>
Subject Re: [persistence]
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 16:09:55 GMT
I'd love to participate if you have a date/time for me ...

Looking forward, kind regards,

	Peter Kriens

On 22 aug. 2013, at 16:11, Matthew Adams wrote:

> Note:  copying the JDO developers alias.
>
> I saw your post on using persistence technologies, and would like to extend you an offer
to attend the JDO expert group's weekly conference call to discuss the matter.  Here are the
conference call coordinates.

> (CRAIG/MICHAEL/MICHELLE: can you please confirm the time for Peter?  I can't tell if
we've changed from 9 AM PT to 10 AM PT.)

> Dial-in numbers are:
> US Toll free: 866 682-4770
> Germany Frankfurt 069222216106
> Germany Toll free: 08006648515
> (Other countries by request)
>
> To place the call:
> 1. Call the toll free number.
> 2. Enter the conference number 939-3689#
> 3. Enter the security code 1111#
>
> I have been a member of JDO since 2000, and was the primary driver for the 3.0.1 point
release that added OSGi headers to the JDO API jar, so I can sympathize with your dilemma.

> While I suspect that the JDO specification itself, under the auspices of the JCP, should
not address OSGi, I do believe that it's appropriate for the Apache JDO project to produce
bits that help implementations better export the PersistenceManagerFactory and other interfaces.
 I would suggest that you work directly with the JDO implementations as well, especially DataNucleus
(the JDO reference implementation), which I think has already done a fairly good job of supporting
OSGi.