db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Internal dependency problem with clean build on the release branch
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2013 19:26:15 GMT
Sounds pretty strange. So it would be impossible to release co-dependent artifacts?

Craig

On Aug 10, 2013, at 11:03 AM, Michelle Caisse wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Preparatory to attempting a release, I cleaned my local repository and did "mvn clean
install".  On building exectck, I got a build error:

> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) javax.jdo:jdo-api:jar:3.1
>
> This is because, per the apache instructions, our release artifacts have -SNAPSHOT versions,
but all dependencies, including the dependency on the api jar that we are in the process of
releasing, are to non -SNAPSHOT versions. So, we build jdo-api-3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar, but we are
dependent on jdo-api-3.1.jar. What is the best way around this issue?

> -- Michelle

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo