db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <michael.bousc...@akquinet.de>
Subject Re: Internal dependency problem with clean build on the release branch
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 16:22:58 GMT
Hi Michelle,
> Michael,
> I've checked in the changes to the branch, with internal dependency
> version now set to 3.1-SNAPSHOT. That appears to work, but I'm
> encountering several more problems.
> 1. The release zip file does not include the parent-pom project, so
> you can't build from the release.
there was a bug in the assembly.xml: the section listing all our
submodules used a wrong groupid for the parent-pom (javax.jdo instead of
org.apache.jdo). So when packaging the src-file it was looking for an
artifact that does not exist. I fixed the assembly and checked it in.
For some reason the assembly.xml inculded the assembly definition
<assembly> ... </assembly> three times. I removed the duplicates.

> 2. When I attempt to do mvn deploy, I get the following error. It
> looks like we need some more xml in our poms.

This is strage, because the apache parent pom defines these settings. I
found the following in apache-10.pom:

       <name>Apache Release Distribution Repository</name>

I think this is what we need, correct?

Maybe the issue is that the root pom.xml in 3.1-rc1 does not define a
parent pom. Only the pom.xml in paranet-pom refers the apache parent-pom.
Would it work if our root pom uses the JDO parent-pom as the parent pom?

Regards Michael

*Michael Bouschen*

akquinet tech@spree GmbH
Bülowstr. 66, D-10783 Berlin