db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <mcai...@sonic.net>
Subject Re: Internal dependency problem with clean build on the release branch
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2013 19:35:18 GMT
Yeah, I don't know of a way unless there's some kind of option in the
maven release plugin that lets you set up your pom some other way.
Here's a link to someone who seems to have a similar problem, as far as
I understand what they are saying:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8411424/automating-maven-artifact-releasing

Michael has some familiarity with the maven versions plugin that is
mentioned in the response.

-- Michelle

On 8/10/2013 12:26 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:
> Sounds pretty strange. So it would be impossible to release co-dependent artifacts?
>
> Craig
>
> On Aug 10, 2013, at 11:03 AM, Michelle Caisse wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Preparatory to attempting a release, I cleaned my local repository and did "mvn clean
install".  On building exectck, I got a build error:

>> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>>
>> Missing:
>> 1) javax.jdo:jdo-api:jar:3.1
>>
>> This is because, per the apache instructions, our release artifacts have -SNAPSHOT
versions, but all dependencies, including the dependency on the api jar that we are in the
process of releasing, are to non -SNAPSHOT versions. So, we build jdo-api-3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar,
but we are dependent on jdo-api-3.1.jar. What is the best way around this issue?