db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <mcai...@sonic.net>
Subject Internal dependency problem with clean build on the release branch
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2013 18:03:07 GMT
Hi all,

Preparatory to attempting a release, I cleaned my local repository and
did "mvn clean install".  On building exectck, I got a build error:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
1) javax.jdo:jdo-api:jar:3.1

This is because, per the apache instructions, our release artifacts have
-SNAPSHOT versions, but all dependencies, including the dependency on
the api jar that we are in the process of releasing, are to non
-SNAPSHOT versions. So, we build jdo-api-3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar, but we are
dependent on jdo-api-3.1.jar. What is the best way around this issue?

-- Michelle