db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday June 7, 9 am Pacific Daylight Time
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 17:04:54 GMT
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. News on JDO-678 "Ability to set properties on PersistenceManager" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-678

Still almost done.

2. JDO release candidate, see questions from Michelle

We have a new structure to the release branch and I'm not sure how to handle it. Do we release
the specification source directory, or delete it from branches/3.1-rc1? The specification
should not be sent out with the release.

How do we handle copyjdorijars and exectck? Will we zip them in a source bundle with the tck?

In the past, there was a separate zip for the tck. The tck should include exectck and copyjdorijars.

What do we do with parent-pom?

We should release parent-pom as well.

It looks like we want to change the release strategy to have only two artifacts: the "tck"
which includes the entire contents of trunk except for the specification and "api" which is
only the api jar. The api pom and jar will be published in the Apache Nexus repository and
then distributed to other repositories.

3. Other issues

The release candidate for 3.1 should also include updates for xsd and dtd for jdoquery and
jdoconfig which were not changed from 3.0. But for ease of use, we should update these so
users can have all xsd/dtd versions identical. Internal versions simply need to change from
3.0 to 3.1. The URIs will not necessarily exist but are unique.

Action Items from weeks past:
[May 31 2013] AI Craig: put a table into an Appendix enumerating the properties and an indication
of whether the property is an option or a property or both.
[May 31 2013] AI Michelle: add an empty Appendix K to put the table into and update the book
to include it.
[May 10 2013] AI Everyone take a look Apache ISIS and maybe subscribe to ISIS mail lists.
[May 10 2013] AI Matthew take a deeper look into the way how JPA defines entity graphs (centralized
vs. distributed across the metadata in JDO)
[Aug 24 2012] AI Craig update the JIRAs JDO-689 JDO-690 and JDO-692 about JDOHelper methods.
In process.
[Aug 17 2012] AI Craig comment on JIRA JDO-589 Autocommit or nontransactional action
[Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to DataNucleus) it's necessary
to rebuild the exectck project before running tck.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com