db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: gpg help, please
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 03:18:41 GMT
Hi Michelle,

I haven't tried this particular profile. The only thing I can think of is that you need to
have some other command line parameter to allow maven to get your private (key) password.

You cannot pass your password on the command line because anyone who does ps-ef can see your
password in the plain. So it has to be some file or you type it into the maven command.

It may be that you need to configure the nexus repository to do this.

Craig

On Jun 24, 2013, at 8:13 PM, Michelle Caisse wrote:

> Following the instructions at http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html,
I have downloaded gnupg and run

>   mvn clean install -Papache-release
>
> I get a gpg error:
>
>   gpg: no default secret key: No secret key
>   gpg: signing failed: No secret key
>

> How do I configure gpg or point it to a default secret key, or whatever?
>
> Thanks,
> Michelle

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle