db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <michael.bousc...@akquinet.de>
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday May 17, 9 am Pacific Daylight Time
Date Sun, 19 May 2013 20:44:28 GMT
Hi,

[...]
> 1. TCK query test failure: possible time zone issue in SupportedDateMethods: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-720
>
> Still fails in time zones west of GMT. It looks like there is a mismatch between java
Date types and database Timestamp type. Timestamps are generally stored in UTC regardless
of the location of the client. So when querying for DAY in the database we would have to know
what the day is in UTC. Propose changing the database type to DATE and see if that has any
effect. AI Michael change database type to DATE.
I attached a patch to the JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-720

It includes all the changes from the previous patch
TimeZoneChanges.patch (removing the time zone setting) plus it changes
the column type from TIMSTAMP to DATE for the columns HIREDATE,
BIRTHDATE and FOUNDEDDATE.

Regards Michael

--
*Michael Bouschen*