db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday May 17, 9 am Pacific Daylight Time
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 16:57:08 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. TCK query test failure: possible time zone issue in SupportedDateMethods: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-720

Still fails in time zones west of GMT. It looks like there is a mismatch between java Date
types and database Timestamp type. Timestamps are generally stored in UTC regardless of the
location of the client. So when querying for DAY in the database we would have to know what
the day is in UTC. Propose changing the database type to DATE and see if that has any effect.
AI Michael change database type to DATE.

2. New JIRA "Specifying NULL elements positioning in ordered columns": https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-721

Looks like this could be a feature of JDOQL. AI Craig comment on the JIRA.

3. News on JDO-678 "Ability to set properties on PersistenceManager" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-678

Almost (still) done.

4. Other issues

Publishing 3.1: we can put out a JDO 3.1 release candidate while waiting for the JCP.

Action Items from weeks past:
[May 10 2013] AI Everyone take a look Apache ISIS and maybe subscribe to ISIS mail lists.
[May 10 2013] AI Matthew take a deeper look into the way how JPA defines entity graphs (centralized
vs. distributed across the metadata in JDO)
[Aug 24 2012] AI Craig update the JIRAs JDO-689 JDO-690 and JDO-692 about JDOHelper methods.
In process.
[Aug 17 2012] AI Craig comment on JIRA JDO-589 Autocommit or nontransactional action
[Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to DataNucleus) it's necessary
to rebuild the exectck project before running tck.
--
Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle