db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday April 5, 9 am Pacific Daylight Time
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2013 02:10:44 GMT
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. Query method Date.getDay: should JDO support Date.getDate instead?

There are two issues, as Michael noted in his email.

a) The test case failure may be a time zone issue. The test case is written so as to use the
East Coast time zone (GMT - 5:00). There are intermittent failures running the test with GMT
- 8:00. But no failures running GMT + 1. AI Craig code review the test case.

b) The other issue is a specification issue. It's clear reading the description of getDay
that this is not the api that was intended. It should be changed to getDate instead. This
is probably not a backward compatibility issue since the new query api is included in 3.1.

It may be that we should include the time portion of the birth date and hire date in the test
case. AI Michael file a JIRA.

2. News on JDO-717 "copyjdorijars does not clean up target directory" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-717

no news

3. News on JDO-678 "Ability to set properties on PersistenceManager" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-678

Almost done. Still need to test the case-insensitive setProperty and update the specification
to cover the transaction apis.

In the specification, should we enumerate the apis that are equivalent to setProperty or simply
note that there are three places where properties and options are described: pmf, pm, and
transaction?

4. News on spec update?

See items 1 and 3 above.

5. Other issues

While looking at JDO-678, it was necessary to access the nightly repository for datanucleus.
We can change the pom in the copyjdorijars project to include the datanucleus repository where
nightly snapshots are found. This will make it easier in future to use datanucleus snapshots.
Since snapshots are only updated by mvn once in a while, and users can explicitly request
snapshots to be loaded via mvn -U option, and datanucleus is the JDO RI, this change seems
useful.

Action Items from weeks past:
[Aug 24 2012] AI Craig update the JIRAs JDO-689 JDO-690 and JDO-692 about JDOHelper methods.
In process.
[Aug 17 2012] AI Craig comment on JIRA JDO-589 Autocommit or nontransactional action
[Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to DataNucleus) it's necessary
to rebuild the exectck project before running tck.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com