db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@datanucleus.org>
Subject Re: Deploying javax.jdo:jdo2-api:2.3-ec to maven central
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 08:10:02 GMT

http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22javax.jdo%22%20AND%20a%3
> A%22jdo2-api%22
> This requires users to put in special repository definitions to get that one
> artifact, which is discouraged by maven folks. Can you guys push it to
> central?

"jdo2-api-2.3-ec" was an artifact created by DataNucleus as a temporary
measure so that we could continue to provide new features for things that were
not officially released on Apache JDO (due to the time it was taking to get an
official release).

I can't see how Apache JDO can push something to Maven Central when they
didn't provide it in the first place. You would be better advised to upgrade
your project to use "jdo-api-3.0.jar" which was released 2 years ago and
superceded "v2.3-ec" and _likely_ would be compatible.

Regards
--
Andy
DataNucleus (Web: http://www.datanucleus.org   Twitter: @datanucleus)