db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday November 16, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 17:34:15 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

Reminder: for the next several months, the conference call will be
conducted at 9 am Pacific Standard Time.

Agenda:

1. News on JDO-717 copyjdorijars does not cleanup target directory https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-717?

no change.

2. News on spec update?

no change.

3. Need to check the specification for assertions for new test cases
that were added. We should review all resolved issues and make sure
that new tests have assertions that match the specification.

We will need a spec update for JDO-678 (assertion for 12.19).

4. Other issues

Square brackets in the specification: Michelle opines:

The most similar case presented in these sources is the use of
brackets for references, but that is strictly for a reference that
provides a key to bibliographic entries that are listed elsewhere in
the document. IMHO, it would be more in accord with standard usage to
use parentheses instead of square brackets for internal cross
references in the spec. This would alleviate potential confusion with
the brackets in assertion markers when using a script to extract
assertions.

So any cross references to other sections should use parentheses.
Maybe we should avoid making this change until we have reviewed and
approved the 3.1 changes. Chapters that are not affected by 3.1 could
have the bracket-to-parens change made any time, with no requirement
to record changes.

Some progress on JDO-678 test case.

Action Items from weeks past:
[Nov 02 2012] AI Craig JDO-678 needs a test case.
[Aug 24 2012] AI Craig update the JIRAs JDO-689 JDO-690 and JDO-692
about JDOHelper methods.
[Aug 17 2012] AI Craig comment on JIRA JDO-589 Autocommit or
nontransactional action
[Jul 20 2012] AI Michelle: take a look into adding JDO social links to
db.apache.org/jdo.
[Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo