db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, August 24, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 19:04:01 GMT

On Aug 24, 2012, at 11:55 AM, mcaisse@sonic.net wrote:

>> 2. Convert spec to OpenOffice
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-716
>>
>> Question: When opening the master spec, what is the effect of the
>> dialog box "Update all links?"
>
> OO reads all of the chapter and appendix files. This is a good idea,
> since
> they may have been changed since the last time you opened the master
> doc.

So this appears to make OO think the master doc has changed. I've been
*not* saving the master doc when exiting to avoid svn churn.

>> p. 102 or so Chapter 11 "Any property not recognized by the
>> implementation must be silently ignored.]"
>> The trailing ] is part of assertion hidden text. What is the right
>> way
>> to format this? As a nonprinting character? There doesn't appear to
>> be
>> an Assertion character style in the "all styles" box.
>
> Hmm. I'll take a look at that later. Click the cap-A-in-a-box icon
> at the
> top of the style sindow. This shows the character styles. Assertion
> should
> be at the top of the list. If so, select the ']' and double click
> Assertion. Verify that when ']' is selected, Assertion is
> highlighted in
> the character style list, not Default.

I totally missed the icon for character styles. I figured that "all
styles" would do it, but apparently not. Stupid User Exception.

I've now gotten the character styles to show up.

Thanks!

Craig

> -- Michelle

Craig L Russell