db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, August 24, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 17:25:25 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. Health of the JDO community (was: Re: Health of the DB
communities): see email from Kristian Waagan on August 7, 2012

AI Craig reply to the message. Done.

2. Convert spec to OpenOffice https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-716

Question: When opening the master spec, what is the effect of the
dialog box "Update all links?"

p. 102 or so Chapter 11 "Any property not recognized by the
implementation must be silently ignored.]"
The trailing ] is part of assertion hidden text. What is the right way
to format this? As a nonprinting character? There doesn't appear to be
an Assertion character style in the "all styles" box.

"There are properties that are provided by the JDOHelper methods in
the following cases."

This entire paragraph appears to be incorrect. The code in JDOHelper
does not appear to add any properties as described. I suggest to
remove the paragraph and close the corresponding JIRAs.

This paragraph is probably work-in-progress toward making
PersistenceManagerFactory serializable. This effort was abandoned due
to lack of interest. We should probably copy the specification text
into a JIRA so as not to lose it, and resurrect it if we eventually
need it for the serializable effort.

AI Craig update the JIRAs.

3. News on "Automate OSGi bundling in JDO 3.1+ build" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-694?

no change.

4. News on patch JDO-707 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
JDO-707? Check for best practice.

no change.

5. Autocommit or nontransactional actions: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-589

AI Craig comment on the JIRA.

6. Reorganize sources to conform with maven conventions https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-711

no change.

7. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:
[Aug 03 2012] AI Craig review changes in JIRAs and list changes by
chapter.
[Jul 27 2012] AI Michael: look into 3.1 JDOQL JIRAs and update the spec
[Jul 20 2012] AI Michelle: take a look into adding JDO social links to
db.apache.org/jdo.
[Jul 13 2012] AI Craig, Michelle update the spec.
Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo