db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Adams <matt...@matthewadams.me>
Subject Fwd: Apache JDO site : problem with upload
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 14:46:28 GMT
Hi infrastructure team,

I just saw this (below) from Andy Jefferson.  I tried to look at the file
he says has permissions problems (/x1/www/
db.apache.org/jdo/images/logos/.svn/props), but it doesn't exist.  Further,
I don't recall ever doing anything that would result in the permissions
being as they are.

Is there anything that you can do to fix the problem?  It looks like it has
to do with the svn 1.6->1.7 upgrade.

Thanks,
Matthew

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andy Jefferson <andy@datanucleus.org>
Date: Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Subject: Apache JDO site : problem with upload
To: Apache JDO project <jdo-dev@db.apache.org>

The old instructions to update the Apache JDO site to include any updated
files
in SVN were
1. SSH to people.apache.org
2. cd to /www/db.apache.org/jdo/
3. `cat update`

This now gives
svn: E155036: Please see the 'svn upgrade' command
svn: E155036: Working copy '/x1/www/db.apache.org/jdo' is too old (format
10,
created by Subversion 1.6)

i.e the Apache machine has been upgraded to SVN 1.7+ and what was there is
for
an old revision. Doing an "svn upgrade" works until it gets to
svn: E000013: Can't stat
'/x1/www/db.apache.org/jdo/images/logos/.svn/props/maven-bolt.png.svn-work':
Permission denied

Seems that
/x1/www/db.apache.org/jdo/images/logos/.svn/props
has permissions
-r--r--r--  1 madams  db  3659 Dec 20  2011 entries

Matthew,
would you be able to fix these permissions? Maybe you could also run the
"svn
upgrade" command while at it to make sure there are no others with similar
problem later on

Thanks
--
Andy