db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, May 18, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 16:48:15 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. log4j class loader, no enhancer log output with maven 2: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-706

The latest patch seems to work. Andy proposes dropping a few jar files
for unneeded connection pool implementations. DBCP is not referenced
by the properties. AI Michelle check in latest changes.

We now assume that the necessary jars to run the RI need to be copied
to the user's jdori lib directory. Is there an easier way than manual
copying to get the jar files into the right place? AI Michael
investigate some other way to copy the jar files.

2. News on "Automate OSGi bundling in JDO 3.1+ build" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-694?

no change.

3. News on patch JDO-707 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-707?

no change.

4. Autocommit or nontransactional actions: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-589

AI Craig respond to this JIRA. What about insert and delete? Update is
probably not covered by this, unless we create a new updatePersistent
method.

5. Reorganize sources to conform with maven conventions https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-711

Waiting on a patch.

6. What's needed to release 3.1? Go to https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10630

,
    click "Issues" in the menu on the left and then click "JDO 3
maintenance release 1 (3.1)" under "Unresolved: By Version"

7. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:
[Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo