db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, May 4, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 16:34:42 GMT
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. log4j class loader, no enhancer log output with maven 2: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-706?

Michelle found a bug that caused the command line to grow with each
iteration. Fixed!

But the tests still fail on jdoql configuration and pm-pmf
configuration. Works on Mac; fails on Windows. May be related to file
separator character? AI Michael look at jdoql; AI Michelle look at pm-
pmf failures.

AI Michelle check in current patch so others can more easily take a
look.

2. Reorganize project sources to abide by maven conventions: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-711

We can continue once a patch is uploaded. AI Matthew upload a patch.

3. Allow makePersistent outside a transaction: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-589

No news. AI anyone with an opinion please update the JIRA.

4. What's needed to release 3.1? Go to https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10630

,
    click "Issues" in the menu on the left and then click "JDO 3
maintenance release 1 (3.1)" under "Unresolved: By Version"

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-694 still needs some
discussion; put on the agenda for next week

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-707 the patch reverts the
version number from 1.0-SNAPSHOT to ${project.version} which I
understand to *not* be best practice for maven. any other objections?

5. Other issues

Michelle looked at exporting the .fm files to another format. Export
to .xml probably won't work. Converting to .html might be an
intermediate to .rtf or .odf. AI Michelle continue investigating.

Action Items from weeks past:

[Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo