db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <mcai...@sonic.net>
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Mar 9, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 02:53:59 GMT
On 3/9/2012 11:18 AM, Craig L Russell wrote:
> Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell
>
>  Agenda:
>
>  1. README.html under trunk needs to be reviewed.
>
> AI Everyone please READ ME.
>
>  2. log4j class loader, no enhancer log output with maven 2:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-706? AI Michelle try some
> more experiments with the iut and jdori profiles. Specifying -P iut on
> command line should work, disable the jdori profile. Exectck should be
> able to ask maven which profile(s) are active.

This page seems to indicate that there is no programmatic way of
determining which profile is active. It suggests using an environment
variable, as I've done in exectck.
http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/get-active-profile-in-pom-td108838.html

This page documents that an activeByDefault profile will deactivate when
another profile is activated /by any available means.
/http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html:

    Profiles can also be active by default using a configuration like
    the following:

    <profiles>
       <profile>
         <id>profile-1</id>
         <activation>
           <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
         </activation>
       </profile>
    </profiles>

    This profile will automatically be active for all builds/unless
    another profile in the same POM is activated using one of the
    previously described methods. All profiles that are active by
    default are automatically deactivated when a profile in the POM is
    activated on the command line or through its activation config./ [My
    italics.]

Thus my setup in exectck pom.xml should work fine.

-- Michelle