db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Mar 2, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 17:42:37 GMT
Attendees: Matthew Adams, Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Craig
Russell

  Agenda:

  1. Delete maven1 config files: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-705
. README.html needs to be reviewed.

JDO3.MF is gone. README still needs a review.

  2. News on new feature idea http://osdir.com/ml/jdo-dev-db-apache/2011-11/msg00002.html

  - possible code contribution from 3M?

No change. We should probably remove this item until Tim comes back
with an update.

  3. News on ChangeLog? See http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/ChangeLog

Done with it.

  4. News on no enhancer log output with maven 2: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-706?

The log4j.properties is on the classpath of the class loader used to
load log4j. But log4j cannot find it. Where is log4j looking for it?
Online doc at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Log4j says (ambiguously) To
find out where a log4j.properties was loaded from inspect
getClass().getResource("/log4j.properties") or
getClass().getResource("/log4j.xml"). Which object is getClass being
invoked on?

AI Michelle send mail to log4j-user and explain what we're trying to
do. log4j-user@logging.apache.org

  5. What's needed to release 3.1? Go to https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10630

, click "Issues" in the menu on the left and then click "JDO 3
maintenance release 1 (3.1)" under "Unresolved: By Version"

AI Craig fire up FrameMaker and start hacking on the specification
files under trunk.

  6. Other issues

JDO-682 is now operational. AI Michael check that we can run tck with
Derby with DataNucleus with autoCreateTables=false.

  Action Items from weeks past:

  [April 8 2011] AI Craig comment on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-617
  re the utility of the update operator.
  [Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo