db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Dec 2, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 17:33:25 GMT
Attendees: Tim Gallagher, Matthew Adams, Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

  Agenda:

  1. JDO 3.0.1 release status

There is some information on publishing using nexus as a staging area
that we should be able to adapt for JDO.
http://wiki.apache.org/commons/UsingNexus

AI Matthew push the release to nexus and update the site.

  2. News on new feature idea http://osdir.com/ml/jdo-dev-db-apache/2011-11/msg00002.html

  - possible code contribution from 3M

In order to contribute significant code to Apache, an ICLA and CCLA
are needed.

  3. Case-insensitive properties, patch ready to be checked in? See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-696

Looks good.

  4. Support for specification of embedded inherited objects, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-702

Looks good. If it's possible to get the test case added, we can
consider this for 3.1. AI Andy update the JIRA if you want it for 3.1.

  5. Other issues

Descriptions of version numbers need to be clearer. For example, JDO 3
Maintenance Release 1 could add (3.1).

  Action Items from weeks past:

  [April 8 2011] AI Craig comment on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-617
  re the utility of the update operator.
  [Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo