db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From tgallag...@mmm.com
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Nov 3, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 18:50:00 GMT
Craig,

Thanks for the minutes write up.

I've been going through the JDO API in more detail and in order to
implement the QBE and get the changed information for a JavaBean, it
appears to require that an object not be in the Transient state.  However,
the objects I see being created for the QBE will always be in the
Transient state.  To make this work in the Transient state, this would
required that there be a StateManager associated with the JavaBean.  So,
I'm looking at the implication of associating a StateManager with a
JavaBean while in the Transient state and the effect it might have if a
developer than happens to try and make the JavaBean persistent.  This will
take a little longer than I had hoped.

Tim Gallagher

Clinical & Economic Research
3M Health Information Systems