db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Adams <matt...@matthewadams.me>
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Oct 14, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 19:27:15 GMT
One minor clarification:

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Craig L Russell
<craig.russell@oracle.com> wrote:
>  2.  JDO 3.0 dependency on JPA
>
> 3.0 (and 3.0.1) still depend on JPA 1.0. We decided that 3.1 did not allow
> use of JPA 2.0 and it doesn't make sense to continue to support JPA 1.0.
> Instead, we should just remove any dependency from JDO 3.0 API to JPA. Then,
> we should look at the tck to see if there are any code dependencies.

This is true, except we are not removing JPA dependencies from JDO 3.0
or 3.0.1, only from JDO 3.1, which is represented by the trunk at the
time of this writing.  JDO 3.1 will not be dependent upon JPA 2.0, but
JDO 2.0-3.0.1 will retain its dependence upon JPA 1.0.

-matthew