db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Oct 14, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 17:07:23 GMT
Attendees: Craig Russell, Matthew Adams

  Agenda:

  1.  Fix OSGi Export-Package entries https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-684

Latest fix looks good. Resolve it.

  2.  JDO 3.0 dependency on JPA

3.0 (and 3.0.1) still depend on JPA 1.0. We decided that 3.1 did not
allow use of JPA 2.0 and it doesn't make sense to continue to support
JPA 1.0. Instead, we should just remove any dependency from JDO 3.0
API to JPA. Then, we should look at the tck to see if there are any
code dependencies.

  3.  Other issues

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-696 applies to both
JDOHelper as well as IUT if the PMF is constructed directly with a new
VendorPersistenceManagerFactory. Add api test case and tck test case
for IUT case.

Consider making private static void
assertOnlyKnownStandardProperties(Map<?, ?> properties) public to
allow IUT to use the method directly.

  Action Items from weeks past:

  [April 8 2011] AI Craig comment on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-617
  re the utility of the update operator.
  [Sep 23 2011] AI Michael prepare spec update for JDOQL changes
(JDO-658) and document restrictions on Enum.ordinal and Enum.toString.
Create new JIRA for Math methods in JDOQL.
  [Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo