db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Oct 14, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 21:44:17 GMT

On Oct 14, 2011, at 12:31 PM, Matthew Adams wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Craig L Russell
> <craig.russell@oracle.com> wrote:
>>  3.  Other issues
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-696 applies to both
>> JDOHelper as
>> well as IUT if the PMF is constructed directly with a new
>> VendorPersistenceManagerFactory. Add api test case and tck test
>> case for IUT
>> case.
>>
>> Consider making private static void
>> assertOnlyKnownStandardProperties(Map<?,
>> ?> properties) public to allow IUT to use the method directly.
>>
> Actually, I think that this method might belong on JDOImplHelper.
> It's more of an SPI than an API, and I don't think an end user of
> JDOHelper would expect to see assertOnlyKnownStandardProperties.  What
> do you say to moving it to JDOImplHelper and making it public there?

So now we have three different classes involved in the mix.

Constants defines the strings.
JDOHelper defines the Map<String> containing those strings.
JDOImplHelper defines the method to check the Map.

How about Constants creates the public static immutable Map<String>
containing the strings, and leave JDOHelper out of it?

Craig

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo