db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <mcai...@sonic.net>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Aug 26, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:36:10 GMT
Note that next week's telecon is CANCELLED.

Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Matthew Adams

1.  Datastoreidentity "detach" test
Michael filed JIRA 68, and will start implementation. This involves
changing the strategy from increment to sequence. We will then turn off
the DataNucleus property AutoCreateTable.

2.  JDOQL : Support for further methods (String, Enum, Date, JDOHelper):
patch available https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-658
  Some test cases have been checked in, but several remain. Spec updates
are also needed. Do we need support for enum now? We might want to add a
new JIRA for some additional methods that we don't currently have
support for and close the current issue. Michael will make suggestions
for how to proceed.

3. Other issues
Matthew noted that some customers require  access to field or method
version annotation, but JDO currently only permits version annotation
specified at type level. He will file a JIRA for the extended
functionality, currently supported by JPA and DataNucleus vendor extension.

-- Michelle