db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, June 3, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 16:53:55 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. Typesafe queries for JDOQL - discussion.  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-652

Proposal for refactoring the different interfaces has been added to
the JIRA: QueryDefinition that defines the query, QueryProjection that
optionally defines the projection if not the candidate class, and
QueryExecution that encapsulates the runtime binding parameters and
PersistenceManager.

The TypesafeQuery is an easier-to-use interface that assumes that the
PersistenceManager is available but it's not as general as
QueryDefinition that can be obtained from the PersistenceManagerFactory.

Take a look.

2.  Maven 2 upgrade https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-647

When running the tck with the IUT, all of the IUT jar files including
transitive dependencies must be in lib/ext. We want users to be able
to run the tck "out of the box" using the ri, but run their own iut by
identifying their jar files. Maven wants to help ensure a repeatable
build, but when running the iut we don't want repeatable builds.

The solution may be to define the ri as a profile that can be enabled
by default but disabled when running the iut.

3.  Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:

[April 8 2011] AI Craig comment on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-617
  re the utility of the update operator.