db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@datanucleus.org>
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, June 17, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 08:30:28 GMT
On Sunday 19 Jun 2011 22:01:09 Michelle Caisse wrote:
> This error was because the classes had not yet been compiled. To run the
> individual goals, mvn compile needs to be called before mvn
> jdo-exectck:enhance.

Thx.

When I do an enhance via
mvn clean compile jdo-exectck:enhance

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building JDO 3 Technology Compatibility Kit
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, compile, jdo-exectck:enhance]
[INFO]
[INFO] [clean:clean {execution: default-clean}]
[INFO] Deleting /usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/tck/target
[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class =>
'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
[INFO] [remote-resources:process {execution: default}]
[INFO] snapshot javax.jdo:jdo-api:3.1-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from
apache.snapshots
[INFO] [resources:resources {execution: default-resources}]
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 1 resource to META-INF
[INFO] Copying 78 resources
[INFO] Copying 136 resources
[INFO] Copying 130 resources
[INFO] Copying 24 resources
[INFO] Copying 12 resources
[INFO] Copying 3 resources
[INFO] [compiler:compile {execution: default-compile}]
[INFO] Compiling 851 source files to
/usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/tck/target/classes
[INFO] [jdo-exectck:enhance {execution: default-cli}]
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (DataNucleus.Enhancer).
Enhancing classes in /usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/tck/src/jdo
Enhancing classes in /usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/tck/src/orm
Enhancing classes in /usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/tck/src/testdata
Enhancing classes in /usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/tck/src/jdo
Enhancing classes in /usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/tck/src/orm
Enhancing classes in /usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/tck/src/testdata

Observations:-

1. log4j needs configuring to remove those WARNs (i.e add
"DataNucleus.Enhancer" category to whatever log4j.properties is being used for
the enhance process)
Where do I find the enhancer logs now ? log not present under
target/logs/enhancer

2. Why enhance in all of those locations ? (twice) most of them don't have
classes. Should be a single run of the enhancer on the test classes, with the
metadata in the CLASSPATH.

3. How can I skip the schema install ? when I call "mvn install" it currently
always runs (it doesn't always run with Maven1).

[4. Obviously, before we can ditch Maven1, need to be able to have properties
specifiable so user can select identity type, and configuration ... the -D
option mentioned before]

Regards
--
Andy