db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@datanucleus.org>
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, June 17, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 07:05:07 GMT
> Is there any implementation issue for JDO-650? This is the conditional
> operator ?: in JDOQL.

No idea, not had time to implement it. Since no DataNucleus user has requested
such functionality it hasn't featured high on my priority list. If someone
wants to have a go the code to look at is in

http://datanucleus.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/datanucleus/platform/core/trunk/src/java/org/datanucleus/query/
to generic compile that syntax, and provide for in-memory evaluation

and then
http://datanucleus.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/datanucleus/platform/store.rdbms/trunk/src/java/org/datanucleus/store/rdbms/query/QueryToSQLMapper.java?revision=13037&view=markup
to convert the generic compilation into SQL

Otherwise I'd suggest it is deferred. Obviously JPQL has "CASE" and that is
coded, so you could copy some of that code.

--
Andy
DataNucleus (http://www.datanucleus.org)