db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From mcai...@sonic.net
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, June 17, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:19:01 GMT
 Re 1-2 - These do need to be fixed.

 3 - To skip schema install, do: mvn -Djdo.tck.doInstallSchema="false"...

 4 - All of the documented -D options should work now, since yesterday's
check-ins, including identity type and configurations. View documentation
with "mvn jdo-exectck:help".

 -- Michelle

 On Mon 1:30 AM , "Andy Jefferson" andy@datanucleus.org sent:
 On Sunday 19 Jun 2011 22:01:09 Michelle Caisse wrote:
 > This error was because the classes had not yet been compiled. To run the
 > individual goals, mvn compile needs to be called before mvn
 > jdo-exectck:enhance.

 Thx.

 When I do an enhance via
 mvn clean compile jdo-exectck:enhance

 [INFO] Scanning for projects...
 [INFO]
 [INFO] Building JDO 3 Technology Compatibility Kit
 [INFO] task-segment: [clean, compile, jdo-exectck:enhance]
 [INFO]
 [INFO] [clean:clean {execution: default-clean}]
 [INFO] Deleting /usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/tck/target
 [INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class =>
 'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
 [INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
 [INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
 [INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
 [INFO] [remote-resources:process {execution: default}]
 [INFO] snapshot javax.jdo:jdo-api:3.1-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from
 apache.snapshots
 [INFO] [resources:resources {execution: default-resources}]
 [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
 [INFO] Copying 1 resource to META-INF
 [INFO] Copying 78 resources
 [INFO] Copying 136 resources
 [INFO] Copying 130 resources
 [INFO] Copying 24 resources
 [INFO] Copying 12 resources
 [INFO] Copying 3 resources
 [INFO] [compiler:compile {execution: default-compile}]
 [INFO] Compiling 851 source files to
 /usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/tck/target/classes
 [INFO] [jdo-exectck:enhance {execution: default-cli}]
 log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (DataNucleus.Enhancer).
 Enhancing classes in /usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/tck/src/jdo
 Enhancing classes in /usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/tck/src/orm
 Enhancing classes in /usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/tck/src/testdata
 Enhancing classes in /usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/tck/src/jdo
 Enhancing classes in /usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/tck/src/orm
 Enhancing classes in /usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/tck/src/testdata

 Observations:-

 1. log4j needs configuring to remove those WARNs (i.e add
 "DataNucleus.Enhancer" category to whatever log4j.properties is being used
for
 the enhance process)
 Where do I find the enhancer logs now ? log not present under
 target/logs/enhancer

 2. Why enhance in all of those locations ? (twice) most of them don't have

 classes. Should be a single run of the enhancer on the test classes, with
the
 metadata in the CLASSPATH.

 3. How can I skip the schema install ? when I call "mvn install" it
currently
 always runs (it doesn't always run with Maven1).

 [4. Obviously, before we can ditch Maven1, need to be able to have
properties
 specifiable so user can select identity type, and configuration ... the -D

 option mentioned before]

 Regards
 --
 Andy