db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Mar 4, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 18:02:39 GMT
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. Maven 2 upgrade - using setting.xml or profiles.xml for iut profile https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-647

Apparently maven doesn't want to encourage items in the settings.xml
to affect the build, but we do. Specifically, we want to have the
user's settings.xml to provide settings to run the iut. Any suggestions?

2. Typesafe ... query capability for JDOQL - ready for check-in?. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-652

Some questions: the factory for query instances: should it be PM or
PMF? Hint: do you really need to have the PM available in order to
build a query? The PM represents your current connection to the
database; the PMF represents the object model and mapping.

Also, the name sounds too "inside". Matthew made a similar comment.
I'd like to look at the name: "TypesafeQuery".

Is there a bug in the blog?
List<Object[]> results =
em.createQuery(criteria).getSingleResult(); // should return Object[]?
List<Integer> result =
tq.filter(cand.name.eq("MP3
Extra")).executeResultUnique(Integer.class, cand.value.max()); //
should return Integer?
Method name for returning projection might not be obvious.

Started looking at it in detail with an eye to including in 3.1. Not
done yet.

3. Ability to mark a class as read-only - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-677

Seems like a good idea. Anyone else have comments?

Where would an error be identified? At the time the user modifies a
persistent field? Or defer checking until flush (or commit)?

Portable behavior would probably mean defer checking.

Silently ignoring an update is probably not the right behavior.

4. Other issues

JDO-678 Set properties on PersistenceManager

Seems like a good idea. Patch?

Action Items from weeks past:
[Feb 25 2011] AI Michael, Craig, other volunteers: Look at
Typesafe ... query capability for JDOQL https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-652

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo