db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Feb 4, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 17:56:14 GMT
Attendees: Matthew Adams, Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Craig
Russell

Agenda:

1.Maven2 upgrade. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-647

There is now a profile to run the tck. To run the tck, run mvn
integration-test. Need to add sub-modules to the parent pom. Upgrade
pom to the latest Derby 10.7.1.1.

It would be good to be able to run the tck on an IUT simply by adding
a profile to the user's settings.xml and not require any changes to
the distributed api, tck, or exectck.

2. Inheritance strategy that results in a table per class... https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-674

Seems like proposal 1 doesn't limit what we can do in the future, and
it's a good proposal. AI Craig update the JIRA.

3. Change JPA API dependency to org.eclipse.persistence https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-675

There is no official javax.persistence. There is no
org.eclipse.persistence for maven 1. Propose postponing this change
until we leave maven 1. AI Michael update the JIRA.

4. Using Apache parent POM http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html
, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MPOM

We can start by just adding the Apache parent pom and then the rest
can be added as we work to publish a release.

5. Other issues

Multi-tenancy (cloud) may be a good feature to consider for a future
release. May be similar to openjpa slices?

Use cases as an extension to fetch plan may be a good feature to
consider for a future release. AI Matthew write up a JIRA.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com