db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Feb 25, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 17:52:52 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. Typesafe ... query capability for JDOQL - ready for check-in?. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-652

We need more people than have looked at this to take a closer look.
Volunteers? Michael, Craig. In particular, look at the TCK tests where
we run the queries twice: once with String-based and one with the API.
Adding a third option for the typesafe query would expose differences,
mismatches.

http://www.datanucleus.org/products/accessplatform/jdo/jdoql_typesafe.html
http://datanucleus.blogspot.com/2010/11/jdo-typesafe-vs-jpa-criteria.html

2. Inheritance strategy that results in a table per class - patch
provided. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-674

The patch looks good. Ok to check in.

3. Other issues

Dependency on JPA: The JIRA 675 to change tck pom dependency from
Geronimo to Eclipse. Won't fix. There's no need.

Maven2 upgrade: Once we have it all working, we will remove the maven1
support completely.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo