db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@ORACLE.COM>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Jan 28, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:39:11 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1.Interface JDOEntityManagerFactory does not compile with JPA.  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-673

I propose that we remove the two interfaces JDOEntityManagerFactory
and JDOEntityManager from the 3.1 release. This is a backward
compatibility issue but never worked with the published JPA 2.0
specification. Since it is impossible to instantiate a class
implementing this interface, it probably is not an issue.

Any objections to removing these two interfaces?

2. Other issues

- Is another mapping needed to cover the JPA Table-per-concrete-class?
See
http://www.datanucleus.org/products/accessplatform_3_0/jdo/orm/inheritance.html

The standard JDO mapping strategies do not cater for concrete
subclasses of concrete superclasses being mapped with both concrete
classes having all fields mapped.

AI: Andy file a JIRA. Seems like a good idea. Need to define exactly
the semantics of having a subclass of a class that is mapped as
complete-table. Can the subclass be mapped as new-table (all new
fields are mapped to the new table), subclass-table (no table is
defined, subclasses must have their fields mapped by the superclass),
superclass-table (no table is defined, all new fields are mapped in
the existing table).

- We should take a look at jsr 338 to see if there are any good ideas
that we can adopt.

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-672 has had no response yet.

Action Items from weeks past:

[Jan 14 2011] Craig check into using the Apache parent pom

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com